Decide already NOW for a sustainable holiday in Portugal at Casa Cantiga
For the future of your children and grand-children!
Your sustainable holiday in Portugal at Casa Cantiga
Sustainable behaviour is what you should do for yourself, your family and your friends. Every day but do not forget sustainability when you go on holiday to Portugal. We all would like that our children are still able to visit this beautiful country in the future!
At Casa Cantiga holiday park we care and act every day to achieve the sustainability of our tourism business. So, if you decide to spend your holiday at Casa Cantiga, you don´t forget your sustainable behavior during your travel and stay in Portugal.
A few examples of how we live sustainability in the Casa Cantiga:
Complete sustainable power supply
- We have 80 solar panels producing enough energy for our year consumption.
- At peak moments we use additional green electricity, produced in Portugal
Did you know that in Portugal already almost 70% of all electricity is produced from renewable sources (water, wind, sun).
- We have solar water heaters with capacity of 600 liters to support the daily warm water provisioning towards the bathrooms.
Sustainable heating and maintenance of our swimming pools
- We have electrolysis systems that, in combination with salt in the pool water, produce natural chlorine instead of using industrial chlorine tablets.
- Our pools are heated the whole year via 150 special “solar heat pipes”
- We have covers above our pools outside the summer, this prevents unnecessary evaporation of water and allows less usage of chemical products to maintain the water
- Our glamping holiday accommodations are made of wood from certified sustainable forests (FSC)
Re-use of water for irrigation of the garden
- We re-use the water from the showers to irrigate the garden.
Prevent plastic usage
- We have a purified drinking water system which allows you to refill your bottles.
- We enable you to separate your waste (paper, plastic, glass, other)
- Our cleaning products are ecological
Less CO2 pollution from our cars
- We are driving 2 electric cars
- The other company car is using liquid gas / LPG which provides less pollution than Diesel or Petrol
Compensate the CO2 footprint from your travel
- We stimulate our guests to compensate the CO2 pollution caused by your flight or drive to Portugal as well as your local travels. Use the links to relevant companies at our travel tips page. We think this is a bit impersonal and therefor from 2019 we compensate together.
- At the reservation form for your sustainable holiday Portugal, you can choose to add a financial amount to support compensation of your holiday CO2 footprint. Casa Cantiga will double this amount and from the total value we will plant trees in Portugal!
- If you forgot it at your reservation, you can always take care during your visit. Please act!