Here are a few examples of what we are already doing Casa Cantiga – Family Holiday Eco Resort, Solmar – Beach Apartment Portugal en Quinta do Carmo – Your Rural Escape.
In addition, insight into what the certification means and the progress of new actions to obtain the certificate.
What is the certification process about?
With some 60 requirements, “sustainable tourism” stimulates developments in the areas of:
- Sustainable economic and social development of the holiday destination
- Environment and safety at the holiday location
- Sustainability in all aspects of business operations
- Customer involvement for a sustainable life
If the 60 requirements are sufficiently met, you can obtain the certification and each year you have to have it re-certified in order to secure the developments that have been started and to further improve sustainability each year..
After analysis, it appears that we are already well on track with what we are doing. However, all this needs to be documented, quantified and communicated in writing. In addition, we also have some aspects where we are still at the beginning. Here is our focus at the moment:
- Ecological cleaning products, detergent, paper use (Office, WC, kitchen, etc.)
- Ecological products for personal care (hand soap, shower / shampoo)
- Social contribution for local society by the company / personal
- Comprehensive safety plan
- Making a manifesto about equality, against racial discrimination, abuse, etc., and securing this in your business operations.
- More engagement of the guests in sustainability